Saturday, March 8, 2008

Stainin' & Urethane-in'

Yesterday saw me start the polyurethane on the baseboard molding. I also finished staining the last few pieces of molding.

Next, I did some more staining of the new wood added to the salvaged casing. Below are photos of both doors to the guest bathroom. Our woodwork is going to be a medley of wood tones, which frankly does not bother me in the least. My only concern is the all-new casing and how dark the poplar is taking the stain. I might have to change the stain color for the new casings...

Below you can see what our carpenter did on Thursday. He brought the future basement door up from the basement and delivered casings for the exterior doors and the basement door. That's all to report. He says he'll be done on Tuesday of next week. I hope so, but I think that would take a miracle as there are dozens of items which have to be started or finished.
Here... the door appears.

Next to it is the casing. As it is not sanded, I can't stain it yet.

And for those who read this and don't live in Columbus, we are currently experiencing a full-on blizzard. There is about 14 inches of snow on the ground right now and it is still snowing! I'll try to post some photos later if I brave the elements.

No comments: