Saturday, January 6, 2007

Less panelling in the stairwell

Still more photos of the almost panelling-free stairwell.
There's a bunch on the second floor, but it will take
some extra maneuvering to get that out. I fear one section is actually holding the barely-there window in. The other sections are tucked behind the wild steps into the raised rooms on the second floor. But, just removing this much was progress! While I opened the Market, Eric hit Lowe's to use a "new home buyer" coupon they graciously mailed to our new abode. 10% off up to $500. No problem. One reciprocating saw, spare blades, a double-sided ladder and some heavy plastic sheeting later, he maxed that benefit! After work (well, my work) we went to the house and I took down more plaster while Eric removed the remaining upper beams in the entry room. That means that we could take down the last of the "what the heck?" panelling that was only left ABOVE the dropped ceiling! Done. I got the first look at what a nasty job it's going to be to remove all of the plaster and lathe from the ceilings. It's a virtual shower in dust...black sooty coal dust or something. Eric laughed when I climbed down from the ladder and removed my gear...."You look like a coal miner!" Thanks. Home to shower and off to reward ourselves with some gallery-hopping!

No comments: